The Discoteque
Oi from Lisbon once again.
It is about 1130pm in lisbon. We are waiting for our Portuguese friend Rui to come meet us, although I am terribly tired from lasts nights adventures. What we thought would be a calm night in with many bottles of wine and new friends turned out to be a night at the Discoteque. At around 1230am, the decison was made that we were going out. I know.....sooooo late! We went anyways. So we walked to this hosh posh nosh club called Lux. It is supposed to be the in place to be in Lisbon. Of course we showed up with a mixture of people~~ A french girl, a brazilian, a chilean, Jen and I, two scottish boys and a canadian. Only three girls which might have been our first problem. Second, the severely drunk brazilian from Rio was the one to go to the front of the line.....he knows Portuguese. SO he comes back to tell us it will be 180Euros!!!!! Each!!!! Let us keep in mind that our train man....not sure what to call him....says he makes less than 4 euros an hour. For someone to be able to go to that nightclub they would have to work some 58 hours more or less. CrAZY! Of course they do discriminate and bend the rules for others. They had a man at the front and he would look at you and say 180Euro, for you 32 euros, for you...do you just have your id? So retarded. Jen told them that she goes out to clubs in hollywood for way less than that. Soooo the train moved on.
Next stop, the Docks. It is another club. It was cold and I had to pee so I said......onde a casa de bano...or something close to it. The guy looked me up and down twice as if to make sure I was cute enough to pee in his establishment and then let me go in. I said Jen has to come too and he said when you come back she can go in. I go in, turn around and Jen is there. Yeah for us, we snuck into our club. but....we didnt want to leave our posse so we stayed by the door to see if they would be able to get in. At the front of the line they are tolf 40Euro....again crazy!
Explored today with the our friend from Chile, Manuel and the guy from Rio...Reinaldo. Went and saw the monastery. Could be spelling that wrong. I am in pain from eating too much. I should be lying down digesting but here i am typing away. So took the trolley there and read from a lisbon book I had stumbled on at our hostel which is actually really helpful since i know hardly anything about Lisbon besides their ceramic abilities. The monastery was beautiful. Such amazing light today. It was so sunny. Wore my flip flops and capris. Yeah for me. No skirt for Jen today, the capris made thier way out for her too. Saw the church attached to the monastery...think it is called something Maria.....arenºt they all?? Also saw the exhibit for a timeline of the world. That was quite neat.
Ate at a small cafe near there, Had frago....which is chicken. It was quite good. i wish I could be a bit more descriptive right now but I am really tired and will probably go to bed soon. Saw tower of Balem also. It is right on the banks of the estuary......Lisbon is right on the river once it hits the atlantic. oh wait saw the tomb of the man who discovered the sea route to India. that was neat. BElem now. It was built to commerate something. I think the death of henry the explorer. Anyhow it had these tiny little rooms which I am sure were used for guarding the place. These little rooms had dark brown wooden doors that would shut you in and a built in seat so you can look out over the water. When inside, the perfect lights hits the stone and is so beautiful. I would have been content to sit there all day and watch the water with the sun on my face. Booked it back to the hostel after that cause our friend Manuel was leaving for Madrid. Went for dinner with Jen where the lady next to us stared at me through the entire meal. At least it made me have better posture. So now back at the hostel waiting for Rui and Daniel that we met in Barcelona to come meet us. YEt I am soooooo tired. The door just rang so maybe this will be them? If not I am going to bed. Alright. Bed it is. not them.
Tomorrow hope to make it to the castillo, beach and the old part of town. Also want to check out the nearby town of Sintra. We will see how much we can get done.....we are slow to get going.
Beijos Beijos for all of you
k
3 Comments:
hi girls,I have finally caught up with the two of you.I have been trying despertley to log into your blog with no success. I have been following your travels, and I am amazed. Have a ball, and keep the info coming. To big daddy!I finally made it!
uncle fritz
Big Daddy sez: Uncle Fritz we are glad to have you join, I know how frustrating it is, trying to publish comments.
I'm glad you girls are having a great time! We are addicted to the blog,.... kind of like a weekly tv series... you have to tune in each time to find out what happens next! I miss you both terribly and look forward to seeing you soon!
Love Dad
Aunt Joann here, I love reading , I can realy see where you are when you give us descriptions.
Talk about the food more.
I love the adventures, even when I worry. Stay together, drink moderatly. take lots of photos!
Bus rides to the end are always an adventure.
love you
Post a Comment
<< Home