Buenos Dias
Hey there all!
So our last posting wasn´t that great. We were pressed for time and had to catch a train. Things are good but I (kim) am so tired. We called it an early night last night after an amazing tapas dinner. Oh my lord. AMAZING! Wild mushroom soup with garlic bread, potato-es? (damn VP quail!!) salted with a garlic sauce, steak in a reduced mushroom sauce and sangria that will make your cheeks rojo. Best meal so far. I have found that I am one not much for the food in France, at least in Paris.
Here is a little Paris update since we didn´t give you one before¨¨
We arrived in Paris mid morning and found our hotel, Hotel Saint Honore which I still cannot pronounce the right way. We went and saw Notre Dame, the towers, the bell. Jen was picture crazy while I soaked it all in. FUnny that this trip I am not nearly as picture oriented. Even in Barcelona pictures have been few for me. Ps Jen´s camera....no bueno!! We ate at a little cafe near notre dame. Croque Madames for both of us and fritas. Nothing to write home about. We saw Effiel Tower at night all lit up but we were too late to make it up. We will do it when we come back. We have seen the Musee de Orsay, once again very moving. I was excited for jen to see all the van goghs. WOnderful! This little update is a blur of about three days just so you know. We went to Sacre Couevr (spelled wrong, I am sure), ate in the square where all the painters are. I hada crepe, jen a hot dog. I don´t eat hotdogs but I had to try this one. It was pretty amazing. It was a relaxing experience. We walked a lot, had cafe au laits on my favorite street, Rue Moufftard also home of my favorite croissants. mmmmm Me Gusta!!!
We took a train ride to Barcelona, stopped at a border town Port Bou to switch trains. Wished we could have explored this quaint little beach town. SO cute. Practiced my spanish a little and tried to mail all of your post cards but couldnt find a correo. I feel like the days are passing so fast and we haven´t communicated at all. It makes me feel a little disorganized and out of touch which is ok to a certain extent. Hopefully I don´t die of lung cancer before i get home. soooo much smoke Way more than Italy.
So now in Barcelona we have really only walked around and eaten. As I am sure you all know, I am traveling with a major foodie. Apparently I am a bird and only need to snack. We just ate lunch with a couple of Australians. Very fun people.
Sorry this email is so scattered. I have had to save and keep writing like 3 times so I am not sure what I have already written. We stayed in Hostel Columbus our first night here. It was in an area highly populated with Pakastanians. The place was very basic and nice but lacked hot water which for me.....is a MUST! Plus we had no window. So we switched to hostel Kabul where we are now. A room with twenty beds. Wow. And a night club downstairs. Not sure if we will sleep but we will have fun. There is a bar here too and laundry. Such a good little place where we will be sure to meet some fun people.
oh ...did I mention that is is raining. That would be why we havent seen much and the moving of hostels and the fact that we are notorious for getting lost. Oh free internet here too, its great. I want to rent a bike and ride around the city but so much rain. Tonight should be fun though.
Ok so I will write again soo and hopefully keep you better posted. We are quite slow at sightseeing so you haven´t missed much as far as that goes. Plus my memory is so bad. Too much information from my test.
Will write tomorrow. Love you all. Thanks for all of your comments.
3 Comments:
Hola Chicas,
It sounds like you guys are keeping busy sight seeing some amazing places. I cant wait to see the pictures. Have a wonderful time. Adios.
Hola Chicas, Big Daddy sez, it was great hearing from you last night; sorry to hear about all of the rain.
Enjoy your time away; make every moment count and make some memories you can remember when you are old!
You can be tired on the plane ride back!! Ha Ha!!
Love you guys,
Papa and Momma
like naming an old car and treating it kindly so it won't die, i will refrain from cussing this blog system, since i want more out of it, but dang! lost my long msg from yesterday, so i'll start over.
saw your hostel on the internet - looks good, but choose a better name for the next one, pls.
and how exactly did you know you were eating a 'reduced mushroom sauce', unless of course the menu was in ingles? let's hear about something you had no idea you were ordering! speaking of, how's the foodie liking a)the food, b)the experience? a word about jen's attitude would be good. or better yet, put her on the keyboard for a personal word or two.
can't complain about the rain really, since we have none here (oh, sorry about SF). get your museum time in, or stay in to dine. but never mind that sangria at ocho en la manana.
beeee careful. ciao for now.
Post a Comment
<< Home